Thursday, January 19, 2012

Where could i find a used top for a 1995 Mazda Miata in Ohio?

i just bought the car and i have been looking everywhere for a top. I don't car if it's cracked or anything because i can work fiberglass. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Where could i find a used top for a 1995 Mazda Miata in Ohio?
If you are looking for a hard top to bolt on, these are scarce! If you are any good with fiberglass you might be able to fab on using a spare header off of a drop to. Also they are not cheap, when I find one (most often on e-bay) the price with shipping ends up costing almost as much as one from the dealer.

For a replacement rag top, I just order them off of e-bay and install them myself (I use the three window ones on mine).

But there is the slim chance that if you used http://car-part.com/ and called salvage yards that have other parts for a Miata you might find one.

FYI, I have been thinking about mounting up a roll bar and installing this:

http://www.gomiata.com/auminaonepif.html

Cost wise, it is almost as cheap as a factory hardtop. It would look nice on my winter Miata that I seldom put the top down on.
  • pro comp
  • 1 comment:

    1. 1989 Miata soft top problem driving me NUTS! I live in south Florida where it rains every afternoon in the summer. Almost everyday, I discover about 1" to 2" of water on the floorboard behind my passenger seat. I've checked for leaks in the soft top, water puddles causing potential flooding from underneath and can't find the culprit! Could it be coming from the air-conditioning system? Anyone else have this problem? HELP!

      ReplyDelete