Thursday, January 19, 2012

Is the maintenance of a mazda miata expensive?

Im 17 and im currently looking for a first car and i was wondering if maintaining a miata was expensive and if they are a good first car to have or not?Is the maintenance of a mazda miata expensive?
I was in the exact same position as you a while back. I purchased my 95 Miata as my first car. I had driven other cars but they were not mine and I did not drive them everyday.



One thing you have to understand is that it is a light-weight rear wheel drive car. Meaning, if you get your tires wet and go through a corner to fast you will start to "fish-tail" and probably lose control of the vehicle. However, if you are aware of the nature of the vehicle you will have no problem. The first night I brought my miata home, I did that exact thing and have done a few times since. With that said, rear wheel drive is vastly superior to front wheel drive in so many ways. I won't get into that but you should research the differences.



Miatas are extremely reliable. If you keep up with your oil changes, belt changes (general maintenance) the car will easily last up to and likely beyond 200,000 miles. In all my time I have owned my miata, I have had only one issue, and that was a blown heater hose.



The cost to have a miata repaired is also quite cheap. The engine bay is very organized and everything is easily accessed. The parts are not as cheap as Honda Civic parts but they are still quite inexpensive.



The gas mileage is very good for a sports car too. On an average day, I will get about 25 mpg. I could get more if wasn't as aggressive with the throttle.



All in all, I have had a great experience with mine and appreciate the fine car that it is. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • miata
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment