Thursday, January 19, 2012

Is it possible to replace my manual top cover on my 1995 Mazda Miata to a power automatic one?

anyone know?Is it possible to replace my manual top cover on my 1995 Mazda Miata to a power automatic one?
There is no kit in existence for this! If you think that there is a good market for them, why not engineer one for those who think they need one.

But don't expect me to put one on mine, it just means extra weight and as a result performance loss.Is it possible to replace my manual top cover on my 1995 Mazda Miata to a power automatic one?
Power tops aren't very popular for Miata's because it increases the one thing that makes the Miata great...it's low weight. The motor, wiring, switch assembly, etc that would be required would add probably at least 100lbs to the car, much of it being in the worst possible place...above the center of gravity. If you did it, it would be a 100% custom application, and unfortunately would cost probably as much as your 95 miata is worth to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment