Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I have a 1999 miata what are good afetrmarket peformance parts i can add onto it?

I need to know what are some good cat back exhaust i can put onto it (single tip) maybe 3 to 4 inch outlets. What are some good headers to put on it and any other performance parts you can recommend. Please send links to any of the sites you have for the parts...Thanks....I have a 1999 miata what are good afetrmarket peformance parts i can add onto it?
Why not drop a Corvette engine into it? Some guys drop in a Ford small block (5.0), but the 'Vette engine is lighter and has more power potential.



http://www.bossfrog.biz/Miata_V8_Swap.ht鈥?/a>I have a 1999 miata what are good afetrmarket peformance parts i can add onto it?
I tend to shop Miata Mania and Flying Miata.

The stuff that I have bought off of E-bay is hot and cold. Out of the last three headers I bought (OBX headers two tr-wye and one turbo) only one fit right. While both Mega-flow cats worked just great.

I own two early (1990) Miata's. As a result I have shopped all three of these places, so take it for what it is worth.

I have completed the following modifications:

Light wieght fly wheel 10 lb (stage 1 clutch)

Tri-wye (3-2-1) headers

High flow cats

One cone and one panel K%26amp;N filter change

I have completed the following repairs:

Clutch

Crankshaft (the first owner let some one put it back together wrong)

Shocks

In process:

Turbo Charger (TD05, intercooled with Bipes unit)

On list to do:

Lightened brakes (drilled and slotted)

2.25 exhaust (bigger might prove detramental)

1" drop rear, 1.5" front

My final suggestion is to check out the product reviews at the Miata sig/forum. There is a bigger data base then my personal experience.I have a 1999 miata what are good afetrmarket peformance parts i can add onto it?
goodwinracing.com has some exhaust for NB miata I believe.



I can't remember which header perform the best. It's best to check out what parts CSP winning miatas run since they have done extensive testing to achieve optimal usable power within rules.
Depends on your budget. Sky is the limit.



There was a guy in California who made his Miata reach 200 mph... It cost him over $100,000 to build it.

No comments:

Post a Comment