Saturday, January 14, 2012

I recently got a ticket for not displaying a front license plate on my 91 Mazda Miata. How do I mount a plate?

I don't see how I would mount the plate onto the front unless there was some wleding involved...any suggestions?I recently got a ticket for not displaying a front license plate on my 91 Mazda Miata. How do I mount a plate?
http://www.teammiata.com/mall/TM305.htm

Buy the above part and mount your plate!
Bolt it on!!I recently got a ticket for not displaying a front license plate on my 91 Mazda Miata. How do I mount a plate?
most cars have flat places for self taping screws to go in to the plastic on the bumper.



you might one to go look at one that has a plate in the front and see how they did it.



or ask the mazda parts department if they sell a mounting bracket for that car.
there should be holes in the bumper so that you can bolt it into the bumper, you should never have to weld a liscence plate to a bumper, or else how would you take it off?I recently got a ticket for not displaying a front license plate on my 91 Mazda Miata. How do I mount a plate?
zip ties connect them and go around the grill . had the same problem in virginia
Go to the dealer and see if they have a mount if not go to your local parts house and they should have a mount
Go to your friendly local Mazda dealer. All manufacturers are required to provide license plate mounting for both the front and rear. If you bought the car used, it's possible the previous owner was in a state which didn't require a front plate, and took it off and pitched it. Now you're in the barrell for the cost.



If your front bumper has a flat area for the plate, go to the local parts store and pick up a couple of square license plate nuts. Drill two holes the proper size for the nuts to snap into, and attach the plate. Now go see your friendly cop. Since you made the effort to comply with the law, he (or she) may just tear up the ticket.
go to a dealer and get a plastic plate holder and bolt it through your front facia on the car, thats how most of the new cars have them on.
  • traffic school
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment