Saturday, January 14, 2012

What year RX7 Air Flow Meter can I use on my Turbo 91 Miata?

I hear/read that I can improve intake volume by "upgrading" to an RX7 Air Flow Meter but I can barely find a subject matter expert online. Can you lead me in the right direction by shooting me a link?What year RX7 Air Flow Meter can I use on my Turbo 91 Miata?
You will be looking for the 87-88 YR AFM. This will only net you about 5 HP over 6k rpm's. You will also need to "Tune" it which entails openeing the AFM, loosening a screw and turning the gear a few clicks. The RX7 AFM will make your car run rich, so changing this gear position will help that. In the ned, you will have a larger volume of air.



There are plenty of "free" hp upgrades, search miata.net and type free horsepower int he search bar.



%26lt;EDIT%26gt;



Just noticed you have a turbo. If you have a piggyback ecu controller, your best bet will be to datalog your AFM and remove it entirely.

Search these links below.What year RX7 Air Flow Meter can I use on my Turbo 91 Miata?
Because you are running a turbo, I doubt that an upgrade will help. The turbo will overcome the intake restriction. As the other writer said the bigger AFM only helps above 6 grand and at that point you are at close to or have hit max boost anyway.

What you need to worry about is the low end. A set of cams from an automatic could help there.

No comments:

Post a Comment