Saturday, January 14, 2012

When you sit in a miata, what is the tallest you can be and still be comfortable in it?

By comfortable I mean not hitting your head on the ceiling and being able to sit in it for long periods of time.When you sit in a miata, what is the tallest you can be and still be comfortable in it?
Depending on the year model there are some slight differences. (I own a 92): I think they have plenty of height, but the width may be the question for some. I am 6'1" and 180lbs. I have no problems fitting whatsoever. I also take mine to track events and autocross, which means I am wearing a helmet, and no issues with hitting the roof.



The main difference in the size will be more on the passenger side. Depending on year, the ECU, which is the brain of the car, is mounted under the passenger side footwell. This does limit leg space on the passenger side. Once Mazda figured that out (1994 and up), they made a change and moved the ECU to a different spot.



The Miata is a "Cult" kind of car....either you absolutely love it, or you absolutely hate it. I absolutley love mine, and I have driven it for about 190,000 miles....still running great. My wife lived in Baton Rouge, and I lived in Austin TX before we were married. I had no problems driving for 6hrs straight in my car. I had the top down, dog was riding along with me and he enjoyed it as well. He fit perfectly underneath my roll bar on the back shelf.



I think it has plenty of room, unless you hate the car. My wife hates my car. She says she "Doesn't fit". My wife is 4'10" and is 97lbs...I could fit her in my pocket.



I've never had anyone who truly wanted to enjoy the "Pure Driving" experience say they didnt fit in the car.
Can't answer that directly but at 6'3"...NO WAY.When you sit in a miata, what is the tallest you can be and still be comfortable in it?
I owned a Miata when they first came out and I'm 6'1" I used it for business, travelled 35M per year and was always comfortable even after long stretches of freeway driving. I wasn't real fond of stop and go driving in the cities or for short stops where I had to get in and out of the car. It's a GREAT car; I did have to replace the clutch, other than that no mechanical problems.



Good luck.
I am 6'3 and when they first came out I worked at a Mazda dealership and had no problems getting in and out but I only went on test drives so didn't get to experience long distanceWhen you sit in a miata, what is the tallest you can be and still be comfortable in it?
As a driver, my boyfriend (6'1'' and about 250 lbs) fits OK, but he'd rather have the headroom provided with the top down. As a passenger, he can barely fit. I'm 5'3'' and 115 lbs and that car fits me like a glove. I'm loaning it out to a friend who's about 5'11'' and about 250 and he fits in it just fine, and drives it for hours.



I guess what I'm trying to say is that it depends on you, personally. Give one a test drive, and find out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment